Thursday, December 15, 2011

Random Magic Tour


Songs of the Season
Event production by
Random Magic Tour
Sasha Soren (Random Magic)

Dec. 10-25, 2011


Welcome to the Songs of the Season music hop! You're invited to join us every day from December 10-25, to enjoy a virtual round of caroling.


Every day, you can visit a different blog to find another wonderful music selection, handpicked by a variety of great hosts.

Event Schedule Here! 


Title: At Christmas, Merry Christmas Baby, Christmas Means to Me My Love, 
Artist: Hanson 
Available at: Amazon 


Okay, so this is super cheesy, but I used to be a HUGE Hanson fan circa 1997 until I was old enough to know better. I was OBSESSED! Well, this album in particular has stuck with me throughout the years as I have grown into adulthood. My mom and I have always secretly shared the love for listening to this album during the holiday season. There is just something so bittersweet about about it and it holds a lot of memories for us! There are fast, upbeat songs and slow, chilled out songs. Perfect for all the emotions that the holiday season brings us! I have warmed this album up to people who even hated Hanson prior to hearing the album! Turn it on and nobody really seems to know that it's Hanson until you point it out. It still gets me in the Christmas spirit 14 years later! Can you believe it has been that long ago? 

Title: The Chipmunk Song
Artist: Tegan and Sara
Available atAmazon


Tegan and Sara are one of my favorite bands so to hear a song that reminds me of the holidays plus Tegan and Sara singing = AMAZING! They have such great harmony and the music is slow and relaxing. For me the holiday season is about reflecting upon the past year and setting goals for the next one and this particular song just puts me into a relaxed state of, "It's okay. It's time to rest a bit and then we can worry about next year when it gets here."


By the way, I am super obsessed with warm smells during this time of the year. Like cinnamon and nutmeg, chocolate and apple pie! It really puts me in an amazing mood when I can listen to music and have a nice candle or incense burning in the room. What do you like to do to get in the holiday spirit? 


If you have a favorite song, feel free to share in the comments. Thanks for stopping by, and hope you have a chance to enjoy some Christmas goodies on the way to your next stop on the hop! 





Event production by Random Magic Tour
Find Random Magic: Print  | Kindle
Explore Random Magic: YouTube  | Tumblr | Twitter








3 comments:

Melissa said...

Hanson! lol Love it!

Happy Holidays!!

Pepca said...

Funny and cute! Thanks for sharing!

Mike Mauthor said...

How can i contact you about your review policy?