Friday, December 9, 2011

Hunger Games!! And Lenny Kravitz?


Look at them altogether! I am so absolutely excited for The Hunger Games movie and I am going to be re-reading all of the books and re-reviewing them before the movie comes out just because I want to dust off my memory. It seems like so long ago since I first read the first book in The Hunger Games Trilogy and I remember being so stunned by the book. I still need to read Battle Royale to compare the two books, now knowing that the book isn't as original as I initially thought it was, but it still does not take away the amazement that I felt when I began the trilogy. I like all of the actors that were cast for the movie, though at first when I saw Lenny Kravitz as Cinna, I had to tilt my head to the side and say, "What?", but I think the more I see pictures of him on set the more I get comfortable with him. 

I saw Breaking Dawn on opening night and I think the best part of the whole entire movie was the trailer for The Hunger Games. My friend that was with me had never heard of The Hunger Games and her reaction was, "Wow. That looks really good. Intense." My response was, "You have NO idea." I think the movie is going to go really well for the people who have never read the book before, but just like any other book turned big screen, I don't expect everyone who read the trilogy first to think it is 100% true to the book, but for the most part I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised! 

2 comments:

Mike Mauthor said...

The picture is very lovely but you can't help but think that most of them are going to die and that makes it also eerie in a way.

Book Ge3k said...

I know right! It is very eerie.. it is going to bring back all those memories of the first book when the movie launches, but I'm excited!!