Saturday, August 6, 2011

Lorcan by Chloe Wendell


Lorcán by Chloe Wendell
Release Date: March 22, 2011
Publisher: CreateSpace
GoodReads: 4.67 out of 5
Pages: 66
Buy It: Lorcan

There was a lot of action packed into this novella! I went into the story thinking that I had a bit of a grip on what it would be about based upon the description/back cover, but it completely surprised me which is a wonderful thing! The story and characters are both unique and I found that to be very refreshing. I get tired of reading about plots and characters that were picked out of a cookie cutter list of available outcomes. 

Scout was kickass! I absolutely loved how despite her background she is very strong and even when forced to be dependent, she is very independent. She is a strong female character that I can't wait to see more of.

Lorcán, now he is quite unpredictable! I don't want to give away spoilers, but he goes from being a bit closed off and reserved to being very interesting!

I enjoyed watching how these two characters end up in each other's lives and I can't wait for the full novel to see what happens. As far as the writing, I enjoyed the author's style and loved how the Irish theme played through out the story. The four-leaf clovers printed on the pages throughout the book ended up being something more meaningful - great symbolism there!




No comments: