Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ash2Nash Tour! Beth Revis, Julie Kagawa, Myra McEntire, Victoria Schwab & More!

Hello there lovelies! I had the great pleasure of attending the Ash2Nash Tour which featured some of my favorite authors!

Julie Kagawa - The Iron Fey Series
Beth Revis - Across the Universe & A Million Suns
Myra McEntire - Hourglass
Victoria Schwab - The Near Witch
Ruta Sepetys - Between Shades of Grey
Rachel Hawkins - Hex Hall, Demonglass, Spellbound



Unfortunately my seat wasn't very good for picture taking, but this is a picture of Julie Kagawa. I think person that she was talking to was the guy taking pictures while the authors were answering questions! 


On the left, Julie Kagawa (The Iron Fey Series) and on the right Myra McEntire (Hourglass).

Julie was very sweet and I learned a lot of things about her and her writing career that I was not aware of. She is a big fantasy fan like myself! I loved her dragon shirt! Yay dragons! A woman after my own heart! Myra McEntire was witty and I was surprised to learn that she is from Tennessee! As is Victoria Schwab! One of the questions Myra was asked was what inspired her to base her book setting in the south. Her answer was something like, "I wanted to show that in the south we have TEETH and SHOES." I loved that she was from the area and proved through her writing that the south is not what some people portray it to be. (Not exactly like that but you can see 30 minutes of video footage here that I recorded) She was so funny! And I loved her accent! 

Victoria was genuinely kind and her story to publication was truly inspirational. 




This is a picture of Ruta Sepetys who wrote Between the Shades of Gray, which I have heard such good things about but have not got around to buying it (lack of money atm so I unfortunately was not able to purchase any books.) Her story is incredible and to imagine how much we take for granted in the U.S.




Julie signing my copy of The Iron Queen. She signed all three of her books for me! :D Beth Revis also signed my copy of Across the Universe but I was unable to get a picture of her signing it, but here is a picture of what she wrote! 


Beth was absolutely hilarious! I loved her story about how she would run into the closet trying to get into Narnia. So hilarious! And her story to publication was also very inspirational. She had written many books before Across the Universe and was unable to get published, but she kept trying! She didn't give up! Across the Universe was her 11th attempt, but she had the strength to keep going and I am so very glad that she did!

Rachel Hawkins was also quite hilarious! "Bodice ripping" forever! ;) She was very down to earth and well, just watch the video I took! She was so funny. :D

I am sad that I was unable to get copies of Hourglass, The Near Witch, Hex Hall, Demonglass, and Between the Shades of Grey signed but I was just too broke to buy all of those books, but someday I hope to meet these wonderful, talented women again! Today at 5PM in my hometown, Victoria Schwab will be having her launch party for The Near Witch so I am going to try and purchase it then and also get her to sign it. :D :D 

Here are the videos I took of the authors @ the event! Check them out! 







Since I was unable to get many good pictures, I took some from here to repost to you guys!









No comments: