Saturday, July 30, 2011

Game of Thrones Series/HBO News


On Thursday HBO executives announced that they were thrilled with the success of Game of Thrones on HBO, however they have no guarantees that the TV series will cover all the books in the series. 

I don't know where the show will end, as opposed to the books... it would be fantastic to be able to say this show will go on for 10 years, and do every aspect of the books. I don't know that will be the case.. we'll see, but we are doing this without any predetermined idea of the number of seasons.


I personally haven't seen the TV show but I am enjoying the books. I prefer to read the books first and then watch the show, but I hope that it does continue on. If the TV show is just as good as everyone has been saying (granted their are 13 nominations for the 2011 Emmy Awards, so that is saying something) then I would want to watch the show after I am done reading the entire series. 


The most exciting thing about the whole ordeal is that a fantasy writer was able to land a deal with HBO to have his exponentially long and eloquent series turned into a show to begin with. It is a rare occurrence that something as epic and in the fantasy genre becomes so popular! (13.5 million views, anyone!?)


Game of Thrones review coming soon. :) 


No comments: