Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
My YouTube review: Review
Release Date: February 1st, 2010
Publisher: Harlequin Teen 
Goodreads4.10 out of 5
Pages: 363
Buy it: Amazon












I waited way too long to read this book. I bought the series when The Iron Queen came out and it has been sitting on my bookcase. I finally broke into it and couldn't put it down. It was a wonderful read that kept me wanting to know what was going to happen and it was also written very well. The descriptions emerge you into the world of Nevernever and the plot keeps you turning pages well into the wee hours of the night.

I loved that Kagawa took A Midsummer's Night Dream and created it into her own unique story. The characters are familiar because of Shakespeare, but Kagawa put her own twist on them. I see this as being a movie! A beautiful movie!

The characters are loveable and hateable depending on who you meet. I don't care for either Queens, be it Seelie or Unseelie, but they are evil and mean so its okay to hate them. The love triangle is so subtle that it is manageable and doesn't make you want to poke your own eye out so you can't read it anymore.

I just LOVE this book and can't wait to pick up the little novella that Julie did to read between this book and the next. This one is a must read for people who love faeries, adventure, and a well developed and put together storyline that has NO PLOT HOLES. Thank you Julie for being an amazing writer. 

No comments: