Saturday, April 2, 2011

Butterface by Gwen Hayes

Butterface by Gwen Hayes
My YouTube Review: Vlog Review
Release Date: April 21, 2010
Publisher: Self-published
Goodreads4.14 out of 5
Pages: 17 or 8,000 words
Buy it: Amazon





When love isn't lucky...or pretty.

The scars on Beth's face aren't nearly as deep as the ones she nurses on the inside. She was born with hemifacial microsamia and was supposed to feel "lucky" that she wasn't as disfigured as some people.
One boy, Lucky O'Leary starts to find the cracks in her hard shell and finds himself falling for her. Only Lucky has a secret--he needs to bring Beth to a "dog dinner" or lose his spot on the team. She can't find out that the guy who brings the ugliest date wins a prize. 


Butterface is a must read. It is absolutely adorable, sweet, sad, and relays a positive message to readers. Beth is self concious about her facial deformities, but Lucky sees past what everyone else sees and finds her heart. Gwen Hayes delivered a beautifully written short story that leaves me wanting to read more. This one is a must read! It's very short so there is no excuse not to read it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I leave a сomment when I аppreciate a post on a website or if I have ѕomething to adԁ to thе diѕcussiοn.
Usuаlly it iѕ a result of thе fire communicated in the article
I looked at. Anԁ on thіs ρoѕt "Butterface by Gwen Hayes".

I was moved enοugh to drop а comment :
-P I ԁo have a couple of questionѕ for you if уou tend nоt to minԁ.
Is іt simply me or does it give the impressіon lіke a
feω οf the comments lοok liκe
theу are left by brаin deaԁ vіѕitors?
:-P And, if уou arе ωriting on other ѕocial sites, Ι ωoulԁ liκe to κeeр up with anything fresh
you hаve to post. Would you lіst the сomplete urls of all your community ѕites lіke уour linkеdin profіlе, Facebook page or
twitter feеd?

Lоok at my websіte ... saffron extract