Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Girl's Guide To Falling In Love With A Zombie


A Girl's Guide to Falling In Love With A Zombie
Richard Denney
Paperback/e-Book
Expected publication: March 22nd 2011 by RD
Free until March 22nd @ GoodReads

Rebecca Willis is a 17 year old survivor of a zombie pandemic who’s still in love with her high school crush Lance Tanner, who just happens to be be a zombie. But when things begin to threaten her ties with Lance she must choose over saving her own life & the lives of her friends or saving her zombie.(With a pop of comedy, horror, romance & suspense! Debut Author Richard Denney takes you to a new zombie-level with the first book in the two part series!)

I have never read anything like this and I am quite impressed! I love zombie movies and zombie video games and have heard the zombie premise twisted and spun in every way possible, but not this way! The idea is definitely unique. 

Rebecca is having a hard time letting go of her crush Lance who is now a zombie and I felt sad along beside her. I felt like Lance was more than just a crush to Rebecca, but also a reminder of how life used to be before the zombie pandemic. It's almost like she feels she will let go of any hope that life will go back to the way it used to be if she lets go of Lance. I don't know if that is how we are meant to perceive Rebecca's relationship or lack thereof with Lance, but I know that if I were in that situation I would want to keep something around to remind me of my old life. It's like the question we ask our friends, "Would you shoot your mom if she turned into a zombie?" It's a hard decision.  

There are bits of humor here and there which brings a bit of fun to the whole ordeal. One of my favorite funny passages from the book is:

“ Mee uhh graantttmm,” he says. I smile. That’s the first time he’s ever spoken to me as a zombie.



I just imagined this in my head and laughed. Poor Rebecca! I don't want to give away anything else, so good read it! It's definitely worth it. The sequel, A Girl's Guide To Breaking Up With A Zombie will be out in the Fall of 2011. 


Richard Denny is a debut author and can be found on YouTube @ Devvour Book Reviews and his blog at Devvour Book Reviews & More. Download the e-book of A Girl's Guide to Falling In Love With A Zombie on GoodReads. The book will be published and available for purchase on March 22nd. 


I give this book 5 out of 5 book geeks.

No comments: